Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sleigh Bells & Christmas Blessings

I made this card for my boss, Steve. Every year we purchase him a membership to a local car wash. While he gets the same present every year and it cannot be a surprise at this point, his wife, Kathy, says he loves it. The membership comes in the form of a traditional, old-fashioned paper gift certificate. To keep in line with the old-fashioned theme & to at least provide an original gift wrapping of sorts, I made this 9 x 4 inch card to fit the gift certificate.

While I tend to use all Stampin' Up! supplies & paper, this card has two layers of My Mind's Eye "Festive" Christmas Signature printed papers. The card base is Naturals Ivory layered with Bravo Burgundy & Always Artichoke cardstock and then the aforementioned Mind's Eye papers. The main image is from Sleigh Bells Ring stamped in Bravo Burgundy Classic Ink on Very Vanilla ultrasmooth cardstock and mounted on Bravo Burgundy cardstock. The sentiment, "Christmas Blessings," is from Star Studded Season. It is stamped in Bravo Burgundy Craft Ink on Very Vanilla, sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I stamped the holly leaves & berries using the ink-direct-to-rubber technique with Stampin' Write markers; the brush end. I cut this out and mounted it above the sentiment using Stampin' Dimensionals and glue dots. I like to put a dimensional in the middle of the image and then glue dot either end to give it less lift, if you can imagine that. For balance, I added 3 gold brads along the right bottom and for a festive look, I tied it off with Vanilla wide organdy ribbon & gold cord, which I have been hording in my stash. What the heck, it is the holidays & I do have a great boss, so I broke out the wide organdy ribbon! What this photo does not clearly portray is the healthy sprinkling of Dazzling Diamonds glitter used about the main image, heavier in the trees. Gives it that glistening fresh snow look. Speaking of fresh snow, I am going to sign off and get back to the Buffalo Bills & Cleveland Browns game.

Thanks for stopping by for a look. Have a great evening. EdieB

7 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This looks terrific!

Jan Scholl said...

I love the color burgundy on cards in winter.

Katie Skiff said...

That is a beautiful card!!

tyrymom29 said...

Beautiful card!!!

Anonymous said...

Edie, This is beautiful, You out did your self.
Keep it up. your my inspirtation. I want to be you!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is one beautiful card!

Kathy W said...

Love the old fashioned feel to this card. You picked nice DP to go with the vintage image, and the ribbon is the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing.