Monday, December 10, 2007

Friends & Flowers Flip Flop Book

One of my stampin' sisters, Max, asked if anyone had a Scor-Pal since she was thinking about purchasing one. That reminded me of this mini book project, the Flip Flop Book. Scor-Pal is not only a great tool for card makers & scrapbookers alike, but their website has a fantastic project gallery which you can see here. You will find the directions for this book in the Oct-Nov Newsletter. Notice that most projects at Scor-Pal use Stampin' Up products!

This project did require quite a bit of scoring and folding. The cool thing about the Scor-Pal is that the scoring surface is 12x12 and it has various measurements across the top so you don't have to keep moving your paper over each time to make a score.
For my Flip Flop book, I used the Friends & Flowers Simply Scrappin' Kit. You can actually make two of these books from one Simply Scrappin' Kit and still have paper and stickers left over. So, you can make one book to keep and one book to give as a gift. I actually had some left over even after making two. To give you an idea, a SSK comes with 2 sheets each of 4 different colors of 12x12 cardstock, 3 sheets each of 12x12 double-sided designer series paper, and 2 sheets each of 3 different kinds of self-adhesive die cuts. The self-adhesive die cut sheets are 6x12 inches and one sheet is all border stickers. The best feature is that everything coordinates and compliments each other so it takes the thinking out of matching up colors and such.
This picture is taken from above with all of the mini book pages opened. It gives you a good idea of just how many pages you can open and flip back and forth to combine for different layouts. There are seven 6x6 pages to scrap pictures on and 3 different gate folds where you can put more pictures, embellishments, or use for journaling. I haven't yet put pictures in my book since I have been so busy making Christmas cards, but when I do I plan to embellish the pages more.
I made the flower on the cover by stacking 3 die cut stickers and adding a Build-A-Brad brad for the center. I know that sounds redundant, but I'm not sure how to say that better because it IS a "Build-A-Brad brad." :O)
Anyway, the 1/2 inch circle die cuts fit perfectly with the Build-A-Brad so you have brads that match any project and any Simply Scrappin' Kit. The flower in this picture, which is just a bit out of focus, is also made by layering die cut stickers and it is topped off with a Rhinestone Brad, so you can at least see a couple of the possibilities. Give it a try and see what you come up with. I would love for you to share your designs with me as well. Please email pictures to my address listed above.
Thank you for stopping by and looking. Please let me know if you have questions about this or any other project here at EdieB Stamps. Take care, EdieB



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is really an awesome flip flop book