Friday, December 28, 2007

Bali Breeze & A Beautiful Thing

It has been so dreary in Erie, PA this week, that I had to bust out the new Stampin' Up! Bali Breeze Designer Series Paper and put some color back into our world. The layout for this card is based on this week's Splitcoast sketch challenge , which called for a very simply border and a circle with the top cut off. The ways to use it challenge was to use Stazon waterproof ink, so I combined the two challenges and came up with this card.
For the focal image embellishment, I stamped the flower from A Beautiful Thing three times on watercolor paper with StazonOn and colored them using an Aquabrush and Groovy Guava Classic Ink, then set these aside to dry. I stamped the smaller flower image in Tempting Turquoise on Whisper White cardstock and punched a 1/8 inch hole in the middle of each flower before cutting them out. You will find that it is much easier to punch the hole before cutting since these flowers are soooo tiny. I then inserted a Turquoise Rhinestone Brad through both flowers for a layered look; outlined the flowers with liquid glue and sprinkled a heavy amount of Dazzling Diamonds over the entire flower. These were then set aside to dry completely before adhering to card.
The card base is layered mats of Bali Breeze DSP on Pumpkin Pie cardstock. The circle is cut using the Coluzzle cutting system from the same piece of Bali Breeze, but I adhered it to the mat so that the opposite side shows. Before adhering to the River Rock card base, I tied a piece of Groovy Guava Double-Stitched ribbon around the matted layers and stamped the sentiment using Black Stazon ink just under the ribbon and to the right of center. Once the flowers were dry, I adhered them to the card with glue dots with two of the flowers to the left and one to the right. The flowers not only add dimension but they provide a finished balance to the focal image.
Even though the camera skills are rough, I think the picture fairly depicts the paper's bright colors and Dazzling Diamond accents. This was a really fun sketch challenge. I think I may go off and make another. I've been dying to do something with my Moose You set and this may just be the perfect layout for what I have in mind. Thanks for looking, EdieB

1 comment:

JenMarie said...

This is just gorgeous!!