Monday, April 7, 2008

Wanted

Happy Monday stampers! We had gorgeous weather in Erie this weekend. It was sunny and a balmy 60 degrees. The sunshine and fresh air was enjoyed by all-even the turkeys made an appearance and one hen took roost in a tree by our bank for the night. Since we live on the banks of Lake Erie we are often visited by turkeys, raccoons, and other wild-life including deer. Apparently, while I was busy with 8 of my friends stamping yesterday afternoon, there were 3 deer in our yard. DH was outside building a ramp for Roscoe and along came 3 deer. We see these 3 deer often strolling along the path to the lake which is just behind our house. Well, I guess they stopped to check out Jim's handiwork yesterday. He said they stood and watched him for a bit of time and nibbled on tree buds then just kept on moving on. Of course we missed this all despite the huge picture windows in our family room since we were stamping. LOL

Well, moving on with my project: This is a card that I made using the Wanted set. I lifted the layout from another dear stamper, but I'm not sure who. Sorry. Anyway, the background paper is Western Sky DSP which is complimented by Blue Bayou and Ruby Red cardstock. I used the Photo Corner punch to make the corner embellishments, piercing with the Paper Piercer from the Crafters' Tool Kit and Mat Pack. I then inserted Antique Brass brads from the Vintage brad collection and adhered the corners to the mat.

I stamped the filigree circle design from Wanted on Whisper White cardstock in Ruby Red and punched it out off-center using the Star Punch. I used the Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole and set an Antique Brass eyelet and then adhered this to the mat using Stampin' Dimensionals. I wrapped Natural Hemp Twine several times around the mat an tied it off for a finishing touch.

I have just started playing with this set and hope to have a Wanted & Bronc Buster set sampler drafted and available soon. Happy Stampin'! EdieB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this card!! This is one of my favorites sets--but I usually use more earth tones!! This is beautiful! I also LOVE the way you punched the star out!! Great job! Thanks for sharing!!

gracie schupp said...

Absolutely love this card. I admire all your work but this one is super-duper. Love that it can be used for any occasion and is a great manly card!Keep on sharing!!

Love yya
Gracie Mae