Saturday, April 12, 2008

Exotic Birthday Card

Are these colors poppin' or what? Well, anyway, I've had my eye on Stampin' Up's! Stitched Exotics for quite sometime and was so happy to see it included in the Free Wheelin promotion. Buy this stamp set before April 30 and you receive the It's Beautiful jumbo wheel FREE. Free stamps are always a good thing. :D

This layout was CASE'd from Amy Sheffer at Pickled Paper Designs. I switched out Stitched Exotics for Amy's One of a Kind and used the It's Beautiful jumbo wheel to create the background design. Did I mention that I got the wheel free? ;-}

For this card, I knew I wanted to use Old Olive, Purely Pomegranate and Basic Black. The splash of white from Amy's use of the white scalloped edge provides a brightening accent. Since the card base is Basic Black, I stamped the interior sentiment onto a 3x4 trimmed piece of Whisper White card stock.

I then stamped the flowers from Stitched Exotics in Purely Pomegranate and Old Olive and trimmed them closely so as to trim away the stitched edge of the designs. I layered these with a small Pumpkin Pie flower punched using the Three For You punch from this year's punch kit and adhered all the flower layers with an Old Olive colored brad. The mat is paper-pierced all the way around and there is a length of Old Olive poly twill ribbon tied around and knotted. The flowers are popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's! Holidays & Wishes. It is stamped in Versamark, sprinkled with Black embossing powder and heat set.

I stamped a birthday sentiment in my card to send to a good friend who recently turned 40, which you ladies know is a monumental age. Somehow though, I think 40 has been very fun for Max. It was for me too. Happy Birthday Maxine! *hugs* EdieB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, this is sooo pretty!! I love the colors, the layout, everything!! Great job!

Amy Sheffer said...

Your card is gorgeous!! I'm flattered by your CASE. I got the layout from one of Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday sketches (poeticartistry.blogspot.com). She has the best layouts. Also wanted to say I enjoyed the "Thank you for the inspiration" message you put on your sidebar. I sometimes think there are too many panties in a twist over the whole CASEing thing, so your message is very well put reminder to regard it as flattery. I love it!

Kristin Moore said...

Beautiful beautiful colors! Love the layout too- great eye for Casing Amy Sheffer!