Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Daisies #2 Bookmark Card

This card is a CASE (Copy And Share Everything) of an original design by Mary Fish which you can see here. I love Mary's card with its multiple layers of flower petals and decorative center. The In Color Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon is a fun accent. Mary finishes the look with a lovely lined envelope.

I'd been wanting to make a Bookmark Card which I found under the Resources section of SCS. I thought Mary's design would be perfect for the cardfront.
As you can see, I made my Bookmark Cards in a variety of colors: Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Pacific Point - all accented with Basic Black & Whisper White. I added a layer of matching Prints Designer Series Paper to the cardfronts and two Basic Black leaves for more drama.
The card is a tri-fold. The right fold is scored using the Perforating Tool of the Cutter Kit so you can just rip and tear away the bookmark portion of the card! It is a perfect "gift" in a card.
Bermuda Bay Daisies #2 Bookmark Card closed.

I decorated the bookmark and inside the card to compliment the design of the cardfront. I used the Big Shot and the Stampin' Up! Birds & Blooms Sizzlits 4-Pack to make the flowers. I used the Crop-A-Dile to set a Jumbo Eyelet at the top of the bookmark and tied ribbons through the Jumbo Eyelet leaving a generous portion of ribbon
tied at the top.

Bookmark Card open.

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

carolm said...

these are so cute edie. of course the purple and turquoise are my favorite.
i wanted to let you know that i gave you a blog award that you may find over on my blog. i hope you will accept it.
i love checking out your creations and seeing what is going on in your life. thank you for sharing a little part of you with me.
xox ~ carol.