Friday, November 30, 2007

Three for You Card Tin

This is a nice gift item to make for teachers or office friends. It is a mint tin with 4 mini note cards. I ordered the tins from Oriental Trading Company. They are roughly $5 for 3 tins. I decorated the mini cards using the Three For You stamp set which is a nine piece set that comes in the current Stampin' Up punch tin. What a deal that is! You get the punch, three ink spots & the nine piece stamp set in the blue storage tin for just $45.95.

Anyway, for the mini note cards, I used Certainly Celery & Basic Black Cardstock and decorated each one with a different color Prints Designer Series Paper: Regal Rose, Almost Amethyst, So Saffron & Certainly Celery. I stamped the three little posies in Basic Black on cardstock scraps' punched them out and adhered them to the note cards using mini glue dots so I could scrunch them up and give the look some dimension without being too bulky.

For the tin lid, I stamped the letters for N-O-T-E-S using Headline Alphabet on Whisper White & staggered them across the lid so they would all fit. I find if you purposely stagger it takes a great deal of pressure off you to line everything up perfectly and thus you have a much better stamping & scrapping experience. Please email me at jim.edie@roadrunner.com if you would like more detailed directions.

Thanks for stopping by my blog spot. EdieB

No comments: