Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's A Big Pieces Birthday

Well, actually, it is a Big Pieces and Little Pieces birthday with all kinds of fun ribbons too.

I have to say, I was a bit surprised that these two stamp sets are retiring this year. These are two stamp sets that you grab for card making and scrapbooking projects because they make such great background patterns and focal images. I absolutely love the main flower image from Big Pieces; not to mention how fun it is that the different pieces can be punched out and layered using the different-sized Stampin' Up! circle punches.

This is a 5" x 5" card that I made for a swap sometime ago and wanted to feature today since the sets are retiring as of August 10. Go here to see the complete retirement list and other Stampin' Up! specials.

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Big Pieces, Little Pieces
Card stock: Bashful Blue, Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip
Classic Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Pretty In Pink Designer Series Paper from the Hostess Prints Pack, Sherbet Ribbon Originals, Beachfront Ribbon Originals, Stampin' Dimensionals

For the sake of saving some time, I scanned this image in and looking at it see that the color are not as vibrant as in real life or in a nice photograph. But, anyway, just a couple of notes and then I'm off to eat dinner with my DH: the corner embellishment is actually two pieces of Pretty In Pink DSP mitred and popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals since I wanted a larger photo corner than the one from the SU! Photo Corner punch. The rick rack from the Beachfront Ribbon Originals was white so I slid it across my Bashful Blue Classic Ink pad to give it that Bashful Blue tint. Handy when you need just the right color to match your layout.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and Happy Stampin'! EdieB

No comments: