Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wishing You Cheer

Thank goodness the weekend is here. I had a very hectic week at work and at home with the holidays approaching. I am looking forward to some down-time this weekend but first I have to take care of household chores and do some cleaning. I know that cleaning house is against the "Stampers' Code of Ethics" but believe me when I tell you that the house needs a little attention. ;-}
So, continuing with the Baja Breeze and Real Red Christmas cards, this is a darling layout that I CASE'd from a mystery stamper that swapped with me at the Demo to Demo Stampfest in Cambridge, Ontario in November. There was no name or recipe on the card so, if this card idea is yours, please post a comment to let us all know who you are.
Now, the original card base was in Kraft and Riding Hood Red with Baja Breeze and RHR striped grosgrain ribbons. I switched it up a bit by using the Baja Breeze card base with layers of Real Red and Chocolate Chip cardstocks and embellished one panel with Real Red 1/4 inch Grosgrain Ribbon. I also added a scalloped border and some stamping on the inside which peaks through at the scalloped border. Click on the card photo to see it bigger and catch some of the details better.
Wishing You Cheer is retiring soon and is on sale right now during Stampin' Up's! great retirement sale now through December 23. Don't forget too that you receive FREE shipping for every order of $70 or more and a FREE 2009 Spring/Summer Idea Book & Catalog from me in January if you order from my SU website www.ediestamps.stampinup.net
Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Wishing You Cheer
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Real Red, Chocolate Chip Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP
Inks: Black Staz-On, Real Red, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Old Olive
Other: Blender Pens, Real Red 1/4 Inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Scalloped Edge Punch
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stampin! EdieB

1 comment:

carolm said...

too cute edie. i love the layout.

xoxo ~ me.