Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jen B Guest Stamper


Anyone will tell you that the best thing about being part of Stampin' Up! is the friendships you grow. The picture to the left is from the Stampin' Up! Convention in Denver last summer. From the left are my roomates, Kim W (CraftDoc), Jennifer B (JenB) & then me :o- And the silly picture below is just one of many, many self-portraits taken that week. Jen is an expert at self-portraits. She set us up and click - perfect pics of stampers at their best & sometimes their worst which is what makes it so fun. LOL We had a great time together; Kim & Jen were awesome roommates. I am hoping we can do it all again this year! These ladies are not only fun friends, but they are very talented stampers and paper crafters. Kim literally knows every technique in the book, and she actually wrote the book. You will find her upload of technique instructions on SCS and her blog here. Which brings me to the introduction of my Guest Stamper today, JenB. Jen first emailed me when she saw a post of mine on SCS and my location listed as Erie, PA. Jen is from the nearby town of Waterford, about 30 minutes from my house. We chatted by email and decided that we would go to our first Stampin' Up! convention together. It was the greatest experience going with Jennifer. I can't tell you how exciting it was for us to be at our first convention. Stampin' Up! does it up in style and provides constant entertainment and information. You leave convention with your head swimming and you can't wait to get home to try all of the new techniques & ideas the SU team shares with you. So, since then Jen & I have been great friends and she keeps me up-to-date with all the latest punch art & folds. The cards shown here are just a sampling of Jen's handi-work. Isn't this just the most beautiful Dahlia Fold you ever saw? Again, the Berry Bliss paper scores and the Cerise is stunning, bright & fresh. Now Cerise is the one Designer Series Paper offered by Stampin' Up! that I really had no interest in buying. It just is not my style. I feel the Really Red is over-powering in this paper. Well, now that I have seen what Jen did with it, I HAVE to have it. LOL Has that every happened to you? ;-) If you would like to try your hand at the Dahlia fold technique, find the instructions here. Thanks for visiting my blog and a big thanks to Jen for sharing her beautiful cards. EdieB

No comments: